IMPORTANT NOTE FROM NOCROP: Staff and student safety is our number one priority. We are on-track to start this course in-person! Before the first class, we will communicate our policies and procedures regarding keeping students and staff safe during in-person classes. We expect that you will do your part to keep everyone safe. Remember that there is always a chance that the pandemic conditions may worsen. If that happens, we will respond appropriately per government guidelines and conduct class via distance learning. No matter what scenario, we are committed to serving you.
March 20-24 (Spring Break), July 4 (Independence Day).
Trident Education Center
1800 W. Ball Road, Room #4
Anaheim, CA 92804
Only $500 to start course!
*payment plan available
- U.S. High School Diploma or credential equivalent (e.g. GED)
- Successful completion of Medical Terminology: Anatomy & Physiology
- Recommended basic computer knowledge including Google and Microsoft programs
- Students must have a valid American Heart Association Basic Life Support card prior to the course’s starting date
- NCCT Medical Assistant Certification requires a high school diploma or GED
North Orange County ROP Medical Assistant Training Program provides students with the skills and the experience necessary to gain confidence in a rewarding career as a Medical Assistant. Students will learn the basic functions and duties within an administrative and clinical setting in preparation for the Medical Assistant certification examination through National Center for Competency Testing. The program consists of 21 – 28 weeks, including a total of 276 hours in theory and a 5-week clinical internship (120 – 160 hours). Externships are provided within the Orange County Region. After completing the Medical Assistant Training Program along with 120-160 hours of work-related experience, the student will be eligible to take the Medical Assistant certification exam through the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT). All course materials will be provided in order to support and prepare students for a successful career in Medical Assisting.
This course trains students to assist a physician and work in a laboratory or medical office. Students learn the following content and skills:
- Medical and surgical asepsis
- Assisting with the physical examination of the patient and minor surgical procedures
- Administration of medication by physician order
- Laboratory skills for blood withdrawal, urinalysis, and specimen collection
- Assisting with diagnostic procedures
- Vital signs
- Introduction to basic anatomy and physiology as well as diseases commonly related to the medical office experience
- Medical terminology
- Medical office administrative skills
Must Complete Clinical Externship (120+ Hours) to Complete Course
TEXTBOOK & SUPPLIES
- Textbook included
1st Payment – $500 due on January 24, 2023
2nd Payment – $1,150 due on April 13, 2023
3rd Payment – $1,150 due on June 8, 2023
*Full payment required to complete course and receive certificate
- Credit/debit card (Visa or Mastercard)
- Money order (No personal checks will be accepted)
- Online 24/7 by clicking REGISTER on this page
- In-person at the North Orange County ROP Education Center
385 N. Muller Street, Anaheim, CA 92801
Monday – Thursday 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Friday 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Proof of prerequisites can be submitted by uploading directly into the online application or hard-copies can be scanned when registering in-person.
Please Note: Course start is based on student enrollment. If the minimum number of students necessary to operate the course is not met, the course may be either postponed or canceled.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration Lifetime access
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes