Medical Assistant: Clinical & Administrative – Online
IMPORTANT NOTE FROM NOCROP: Due to recommendations from the CDC, the Governor’s office, and the Orange County Health Agency, this course will begin online and transition to in-person when safe. Please note that clinical externship sites are currently not accepting students. Your externship site will be assigned to you when we receive clearance to do so. If there is a waiting period between the completion of your theory hours and clinical externship, every accommodation will be made to support you during this time. We encourage you to check your email often, as important correspondence will be sent regularly.
(No Class 2/8, 2/15, 3/15 – 3/26)
Only $500 to start course!
*payment plan available
Successful completion of Medical Terminology: Anatomy & Physiology
Recommended basic computer knowledge including Google & Microsoft
Student must have a valid AHA/BLS CPR Card prior to start date
NCCT Medical Assistant Certification requires a high school diploma or GED*
* For those who do not have a high school diploma or GED, a Medical Assistant certification examination is available through the California Certified Board for Medical Assistant (CCBMA), for approximately $145.
This course trains students to assist a physician and work in a laboratory or medical office. Students learn the following content and skills:
- Medical and surgical asepsis
- Assisting with the physical examination of the patient and minor surgical procedures
- Administration of medication by physician order
- Laboratory skills for blood withdrawal, urinalysis, and specimen collection
- Assisting with diagnostic procedures
- Vital signs
- Introduction to basic anatomy and physiology as well as diseases commonly related to the medical office experience
- Medical terminology
- Medical office administrative skills
Must Complete Clinical Externship (120+ Hours) to Complete Course
TEXTBOOK & SUPPLIES
- Textbook included
$500 Upon Registration
1st Payment – $1,150 due 2/25/2021
2nd Payment – $1,150 due 4/22/2021
*Full payment required to complete course and receive certificate
- Credit/debit card (Visa or Mastercard)
- Money order (No personal checks will be accepted)
Due to COVID-19, payments must be completed by credit/debit card. Money order and cash cannot be accepted at this time.
- Online 24/7 by clicking REGISTER on this page
- In-person at the North Orange County ROP Education Center
385 N. Muller Street, Anaheim, CA 92801
Monday – Thursday 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Friday 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Proof of prerequisites can be submitted by uploading directly into the online application or hard-copies can be scanned when registering in-person.
Please Note: Course start is based on student enrollment. If the minimum number of students necessary to operate the course is not met, the course may be either postponed or canceled.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes
Students who successfully complete this course, including 120-160 hours of clinical externship are eligible to take the Medical Assistant certification exam through the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) at no additional cost.
Administrative Medical Assistant
Entry-level Medical Assistant
Clinical Medical Assistant
Registered Medical Assistant
Certified Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant, Back Office
Medical Assistant, Front Office