DENTAL ASSISTANT TRAINING PROGRAM
The North Orange County ROP Dental Assistant Training Program consists of learning the basic function and duties within an administrative or clinical setting in preparation to become a California Registered Dental Assistant (RDA). The Dental Assistant Level I program consists of 23 weeks with a total of 332 hours in theory and clinical practicum. After the completion of Level I, students will be required to complete an additional 60 hours (12 weeks) in the Dental Assistant Level II course along with 200+ hours of work experiences to qualify for the RDA state examination. All course materials will be provided in order to support and prepare students for success.
Students who successfully complete the program will be assisted in the process of taking the California Registered Dental Assistant Examination.
DENTAL ASSISTANT PATHWAY
Dental Assistant Level I
Dental Assistant Level I prepares students for entry-level employment as an Administrative or Clinical Dental Assistant. Students will learn the basic skills needed to satisfy requirements in starting a career in Dental Assisting. Students practice hands-on techniques as related to chairside dental assisting and current dental practices aligned with the Dental Board of California. After completion of all the Dental Board of California RDA state requirements (DA Level II) and work experience (200 + hours), students are qualified to take the state examination.
- Recommended basic computer knowledge including Google & Microsoft programs
- Student must have a valid American Heart Association Basic Life Support card prior to the start date
Course Outcomes & Certifications:
- California Dental Board California Dental X-Ray Certification
- California Dental Board 8-hour Infection Control certification
- California Dental Board 2-hour Dental Practice Act Certification
Dental Assistant Level II
Dental Assisting Level II prepares students for a job as a Registered Dental Assistant. Upon completion, graduates are prepared and eligible to sit for their Registered Dental Assistant Exam with 200+ hours of verifiable work experience. This course includes classroom, lab and clinical hours. Registered Dental Assistants (RDA) are allowed to perform additional job duties of an unlicensed Dental Assistant as well as earn greater compensation. Students will learn how to work with General Dentists as well as Dental Specialists.
- Recommended basic computer knowledge including Google and Microsoft programs
- Currently working as a Dental Assistant and/or previously completed Dental Assisting Level I
- Completion of 8-hour Infection Control
- Completion of 2-hour Dental Practice Act
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support card, certification must stay current throughout the course
Course Outcomes & Certifications:
- Dental Board of California Coronal Polish Certificate
- Dental Board of California Pit & Fissure Sealants Certificate
- Eligible to sit for Registered Dental Assistant Exam after completion of 200+ hours of verifiable work experience
IMPORTANT NOTE FROM NOCROP: All courses and facility training partners will follow COVID-19 safety recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the California Governor’s office, California Department of Public Health, and the Orange County Health Care Agency. Recommendations may include, but are not limited to, full COVID-19 vaccination status before participating in onsite clinical training or externships. Please take this into consideration prior to enrolling/registering for classes.