INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT) FUNDAMENTALS
This course is an introduction to Information Technology (IT) designed to provide students with the foundational knowledge to take the IT Fundamentals exam and obtain the CompTIA certification.
North Orange County ROP courses are accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT) FUNDAMENTALS CERTIFICATION
At the conclusion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify and explain the basics of computing and IT infrastructure.
- Set up computer workstations, establish basic network connectivity, and install and use basic software applications.
- Explain the functions and types of devices used within a computer system.
- Perform computer maintenance and support.
- Describe basic principles of software and database development.
- Configure computers and mobile devices to connect to home networks and to the Internet.
- Identify security issues affecting the use of computers and networks.
- Identify and prevent basic security risks